HALO Fix-G Track Hub Rear
- Model Name
- HALO Fix-G Track Hub Rear
- Our Price £69.99
- Add item to Basket to show carriage costs (you can easily remove it)
- Product Options
- White ,
- An ever present headache with “normal fixed hubs" is the assembly of a drive cog that is attached by a thread being pulled in both directions by the pedal torque. Of course, the traditional solution to avoiding the cog unwinding itself from the hub in the reverse direction is a left hand threaded lockring, butted up tight against the cog.
But, as many riders have found out, this historic system can be relatively volatile.
Halo thought… there has to be a better way:
A splined hub body (with cogs that slide on) and an independent lockring… that never has to handle rotational forces from the drive.
“The Fix-g hub is great! it runs smoothly as the previous Halo hub but the fact that you can move the sprocket for a perfect chainline is great and you can feel the difference straight away. Also, it's really easy to do, everyone can do it without a mechanic's help, I think you should advertise this and make it clear for everyone, people don't have to be scared of a new technology…"
Ivan Fiorilla… 5th Floor riding club - London.
Halo Fix-G hub:
The Halo Fix-G hub features a fixed HG spline machined as part of the alloy main hub body*, with a conventional internal thread for a standard HG type lockring (with easy tool fittings).
+ options L/H side for conventional fixed or freewheel threads.
(*Note: Must ONLY ever be used with “7mm base Wide Foot" cogs… such as Gusset “Double Six" cogs to avoid the cog biting into the alloy splines on the hub.
Regular width HG cogs should NEVER be used.)
Halo Fix-G advantages:
• Easy and secure fixing & servicing.
• Adjustable chainline.
• Twin cog option (can run 2 cogs together.)
• Accepts from 12T + cogs (for compact gearing).
• No need for chainwhip tools.
Hi-polish custom CNC machined hub shell,
HG type fixed spline.
Japanese sealed bearings.
Hollow M10 Cr-Mo axle.
22mm “Large cone-faces" to avoid damage to frame.
includes cog spacers and alloy lockring.
Laser logo. 32H, 36H or 48H
HG Fixed/Fixed or HG Fixed/Freewheel types.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Threads for "Fixed Cog Lockrings":
Our hubs must only be used with ISO standard 1.29" x24TPi L/H fixed cog lockrings
Do NOT USE French (1.32" x 24TPi) or Italian (33 x 1mm) standard lockrings.
The larger diameter French and Italian lockrings may appear to work. but. will strip the threads from the ISO hub.
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.
HALO Track Hub Front**
HALO Track Hub Front**